Tuesday, May 22, 2007

city lights city lights city lights city Lights City lights City Lights, yes I said CITY LIGHTS!!!!!







It's true...

I just signed a contract with City Lights for my new novel, So Many Ways to Sleep Badly!!!!! It'll be out in the fall/winter 2008 season.

For those who don't know, City Lights is the publisher famous for bringing Allen Ginsberg and other beats to the attention of the world, as well as for publishing countless literary and political instigators from Rebecca Brown to Subcommandante Marcos. When I first moved to San Francisco in the early ‘90s, I had a secret dream of one day publishing a book with City Lights, one of those dreams you don't share with anyone because you know it will never come true but you hold it somewhere anyway.

I guess I don't have to hold it any longer...

7 comments:

Nari said...

Hello! Congrats on the contract and I look forward to your new book! I just posted a bit about Nobody Passes, and as I was looking for a good hyperlink for it I found your blog. I just started a new blog at Vox and I thought I might be bold and send you a link to it.
http://newworldview.vox.com/
Keep on being awesome!

mattilda a.k.a. matt bernstein sycamore said...

Hi Nari--

Thanks so much for writing! I'll check out your blog later tonight for sure...

Love --
mattilda

grantatee said...

congratulations, girl!

im glad your dream is coming true. and im glad your writing is going to be out there some more.

mattilda a.k.a. matt bernstein sycamore said...

Thanks, darling.

Love --
mattilda

Kathleen Bradean said...

Oh Congratulations! And a big, big hug!

gina said...

THE WORLD CAN'T WAIT 'TILL 2008!

mattilda a.k.a. matt bernstein sycamore said...

Kathleen, thanks so much for the hug -- one for you as well! And Gina, so great to run into you here... I can see the pom-poms and all!

Love love LOVE --
mattilda