Thursday, May 17, 2007

Now also blogging on bilerico

I've been asked to add my blogging experience to bilerico, a queer blog (or "LGBT," as it says on the masthead -- change that!). Bilerico started in Indiana, got super-popular, and then expanded to include the "flyover states," just before asking me to be part of their national expansion. The new editor, Alex Blaze, has been reading my blog for a while, and pitched me by saying that he wanted bilerico to be about "more than martinis, Madonna and marriage."

I couldn't exactly say no to that.

I just posted some questions about hate crimes legislation -- I think these questions may cause a little controversy over at bilerico. Feel free to join in on the conversation...

4 comments:

Alex Blaze said...

Thanks for the link love, Mattilda.

I've seen the new mark-ups and Bil's pretty set on teh phrase "From politics to pop culture and everything LGBT". It probably won't ever say "queer" ever, because a lot of the contributors and readers (especially the older ones) really have a problem with the origins of that word. I personally favor "LGBTQueer", to make sure that people don't think the Q is for questioning, because aren't we all always in a state of questioning, or at least should be?

And great post this morning. I'll try to contribute as the conversation starts.

mattilda a.k.a. matt bernstein sycamore said...

Thanks, Alex.

I like "From politics to pop culture and everything LGBT" much better than the current masthead because it matches the humor of the quote above (and the site, I think). Also, LGBTQueer is much better than LGBT or LGBTQ, yes I certainly hope we're questioning...

Love --
mattilda

bilerico said...

Mmmmhmmmm. I see how you two are... *grins*

I've actually been thinking of changing the tagline to "There's more to being queer than marriage, martinis and Madonna" just to fuck Alex up. LOL Maybe we can combine the two phrases...

And - with some of our new additions - I was going to change LGBT to LGBTQ. (Have to admit, I've never seen LGBTQueer.)

mattilda a.k.a. matt bernstein sycamore said...

Yes, do combine the two phrases -- that would be a delicious addition!

And how 'bout QQQLGBTQQQ (just kidding).

But of course the queerer the better...

Love --
mattilda