Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Things that give me pain and I hate it

Dancing, I went dancing the other night for the first time in a while and it was amazing I actually felt so present in my body, sweat pouring down my face then walking out onto the street and back to my apartment, clothes off it was like I had different skin, the air around me a part of it.

Editing, that's one of the worst I guess because of the large surface area of the pages plus writing with a pen, but earlier I was looking at the writing from when I went to visit my father and I really want to work on that piece, whatever it becomes.

Reading, it's gotten so that I have to ration the number of pages, magazines are better if they stay open because there are more words on a page. Then I decide to talk on the phone instead, I can't figure out why talking on the phone makes my body hurt, maybe something about staying in the same position, I'm not sure. Movies are terrible, because the seat becomes too constricting and even when I think I'm stretching a lot I'm still holding my body too tightly, probably not breathing enough, which reminds me that I have to breathe now.

2 comments:

Panic said...

I feel the same way about dancing, about the sweat, about the VERY cold shower afterwards. And people tell me I'm just about the booze. HAR, I say.

Okay, I also like booze. But dancing mostly.

mattilda a.k.a. matt bernstein sycamore said...

Oh yes, a cold shower for sure -- although wait, did I take a hot shower?

Love --
mattilda