Friday, July 20, 2007

Childhood, or something like that

Mairead Case asks me to write a sentence or two about my favorite Halloween costume from childhood, and here's what I come up with:

Years later I would realize that costumes were for everyday and Halloween was for everyone else, but back then (razorblades in apples, cyanide in what?) I was still traumatized in something plastic from the drugstore, I would trade my chocolates for my sister's hard candies, crunching them to get away in my head at least.

It's a good start, right?

2 comments:

mairead said...

I am spinning back in time and realizing I never read this: thanks for the post, but first and foremostly the story. I wear costumes everyday too, and still: petticoat !!

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Thanks, Mairead -- a petticoat sound lovely!

Love --
mattilda