Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Nothing to breathe

At home, why is everything wet? The sweater I take off, the sweatshirt I put on, even the windows are fogged. It's the humidity, what is up with this humidity? Not the lovely cold fog like usual but something gross and claustrophobic like the East Coast except not really, I mean it's still heavenly here compared to that East Coast suffocation. But it's been two weeks of this weird humidity and I'm wondering if this is the way that summer is going to be now, no more of that Mark Twain coldest summer I ever spent I mean coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco -- you know that quote, right? It's not cold anymore, I mean not chilly like you need to put on a sweater and a coat and mittens and a scarf. The worst part is that when I wake up there's nothing to breathe.

2 comments:

trautfish said...

Hmmm I'm visiting the West Coast in a few weeks and can't wait to get away form the East Coast swamp... I swear I won't bring anymore humidity with me!! My bag'll be too full.

mattilda a.k.a. matt bernstein sycamore said...

Yes, no more humidity please -- I'm so glad you're not packing any -- for both of us, we will hope it reverts to the usual here...

Love --
mattilda