Friday, July 13, 2007

Oh, those songs of seduction at the Nob Hill Theatre!

The songs go something like this:

She's so fine, there's no telling where the money went. She's all mine, there's no other way to go. If you wanna buy me flowers, just go ahead now. If you wanna talk for hours, just go ahead now. My love runs cold, my memory has just been sold -- our love's in jeopardy, baby. Ooooh… ooh ooh ooh. Runaway train, never going back -- wrong way on a one-way track. For the line, love isn't always on time. Oh… oh… oh. You drive us wild, we'll drive you crazy. Too many sleepless nights -- I'll be there for you. And baby you're all that I want, when you're lying here in my arms -- we're in heaven.

2 comments:

piers gaveston said...

One night at the After Dark bookstore on Peachtree Street in Atlanta, I heard a song by Jackson Browne.
"Waiting here for everyman, make it on your own if you think you can, if you see somewhere to run, I understand."
That may not be as romantic as the lyrics you quote, but it gave me a new insight into that song.

mattilda a.k.a. matt bernstein sycamore said...

Run, indeed! Yes, there's always lots of lyrical insight to be had while walking in circles on the bookstore circuit...

Love --
mattilda