Monday, July 30, 2007

Another reason hypoglycemia can be dangerous...

Especially early in the day. Or late in the day. Or any time in the day, really.

Okay, so I spent close to an hour obsessing over this one sentence in So Many Ways to Sleep Badly (my new novel), I mean this is the way the sentence ended up after close to an hour:

I know it’s irrational to think Jeremy’s gonna leave me because someone else lives for him to pump that asshole like bread -- you know, something easy to digest -- but still I worry that I’ll be dumped for that talented individual’s special hole.

Wait -- now I'm obsessing about it again -- subject/object agreement, believe it or not, or something like that...

Okay, I just changed it -- does it work? Oh no, I'm hypoglycemic again!

Oh, wait -- that's not the whole sentence at all -- let me give you a little context:

Jeremy makes me do it, he makes me hook up over the internet. I hate the internet, but he keeps saying it’s so easy. It’s so easy. He hooks up with someone practically every day, sometimes before or after me and sure I’m jealous but I know it’s irrational to think Jeremy’s gonna leave me because someone else lives for him to pump that asshole like bread -- you know, something easy to digest -- but still I worry that I’ll be dumped for that talented individual’s special hole. Of course I don’t say anything. I’m a whore -- I’m not supposed to get jealous.

Okay, what am I doing back here editing this post? I need to eat!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

at first I thought that it seemed a bit long-winded... but in context it works perfectly. it's funny.

mattilda a.k.a. matt bernstein sycamore said...

Thanks, Tasha!

Love --
mattilda