Sunday, August 12, 2007

You won't believe this...



Okay, it's a coaster (yes, for your drinks, honey -- your drinks!) advertising some monstrous new development (170offThird -- now that a catchy name! -- but don't worry, there is a two-story club room including demonstration kitchen and private movie theater) in the lovely San Francisco neighborhood now known as South Beach (no, not Miami!) which consists of wall-to-wall condos including many of those glass towers I've featured on this blog -- anyway, this coaster was included for free in every issue of the Bay Area Reporter, one of San Francisco's high-quality gay newspapers, it just dropped out as I was about to read, read, read -- forget that, now things have improved and I'm ready to buy...

2 comments:

Miss May said...

You have no idea how funny this series of posts you're doing on condos/gentrification is to me right now. I really feel like you should continue this ongoing analysis- it's fantastic. Me and my partner are currently "looking to buy" and are bombarded with this kind of crap while on our hunt. You're keeping me sane. Please, keep it comin'.

mattilda a.k.a. matt bernstein sycamore said...

Hilarious -- I will certainly continue the analysis... So far, my favorite would have to be Sullivan Square in Vegas (Vegas always does it better!) -- I would DEFINITELY visit you there...

Love --
mattilda