Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I've simplified my name!

From now on, it'll be...

Mattilda Bernstein Sycamore

That's right -- I'm letting go of the a.k.a., I mean I’ve really enjoyed the longer and perhaps more complicated “Mattilda a.k.a. Matt Bernstein Sycamore,” but really I hate being called Matt I mean really hate it, it feels like an affront really so I'm dropping that off -- the longer version was also getting way too confusing for bookstores and event announcements and flyers, people put the a.k.a. in the wrong place or just choose Mattilda or Bernstein depending on their priorities and not necessarily mine. Oh -- and alphabetization -- these days I could be under M, B, or S (the only one that's completely incorrect is B, but that's a different story). I guess I'll mention here that I'm not particularly fond of the Bernstein part of my name – it’s there as a marker of my Jewishness, since many people don't recognize me as Jewish -- sometimes not even myself! But that's another story too, this is just the announcement, right, the announcement before bed. The name has been simplified. Consider yourself notified...

3 comments:

Kathleen Bradean said...

Wow. It's like a bris for your name.
In honor of the snip, I'll light a couple candles and mutter something about Barucha Todd being annoyed. Oh, and down some candy-wine.

D. said...

darling, i am so smart, i already had you as mattilda in my phone! xoxoxo, deena

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Kathleen -- oh, no -- not a bris, anything but a bris! Candy-wine, I'll have to think about that...


And Deena, you and your phone are both smart!

Love--
mattilda