Sunday, October 07, 2007

Waiting for the day

I keep waiting for the day when I wake up feeling so much better, when I realize it really is different when I'm not sick, the air smells better, my head is clearer, I don't feel so worn down, I can walk for 10 blocks without hurting myself, I don't have to decide between reading and editing or between editing and writing or between writing essays and writing prose, I can read a book and not worry about hurting myself, I can concentrate for more than a half hour without a pounding sinus headache or burning in my wrists arms neck legs arms, I can dance and not worry about the consequences, I can feel desire without feeling drained, okay maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. At least today I don't have to get back in bed, that's progress.

No comments: