Sunday, December 02, 2007

Yes, I know it's the West Coast, but I love winter -- I love winter!



Okay, so I don't love seasonal affective disorder drama except at 1:43 a.m. when I walk outside and it's like oh, everything -- everything is here in this winter air so fresh a drizzle and the excitement of the light bouncing off buildings. Wait, I just love that I can go to the corner store and look for dried beans in bulk but they don't have any, then I go one corner downhill and there they are, lined up on the shelves just for me -- split peas, black beans, black-eyed peas, those are the ones that I want. I'd love mung beans and adzuki beans too, but I can't get picky at 1:43 a.m. -- yes, beans, this is when I love San Francisco, the hill seems so much less steep in this 1:43 a.m. sunshine! Even though I just listened to a program on thyroid health that said overconsumption of legumes can sometimes lower thyroid function, and I'm eating a lot more beans now that I can't deal with grains as much. Something's wrong -- too much gas, but I don't know what else to do -- at least the beans don't cloud my head like grains.

Oh -- did I mention that my thyroid function came out low in the bloodwork, I got a message from the doctor -- to be honest I'm excited, just to have something concrete that maybe I can fix who knows. Right now let me focus on the air, after I stand back so that smoker can pass me, but wait then there's a half-block of pot fumes but then it's just cool and soft.

2 comments:

Jacob the Unicorn said...

lots of gas sounds delightful

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Lovely? Well, I'm glad to see that your standards for beauty and delight are off the grid, darling. I wouldn't expect any less.

Love--
mattilda