Friday, February 01, 2008

Until I'm able to throw it all on the floor

First thing in the morning and I think wait a minute, why don't I put on Check This Out -- I haven't heard that in a while, I can't remember what made me think of it except wait, it doesn't matter, just that beat into rattle into cymbals into drums into rattle there has to be something about how it's an irregular heartbeat, the way we need that. So simple just the beat building into check this out check this check check this out check this check this out check this check check this out check this check this out check this check check this out check this check this out check this check check this out check this, why would we need anything else except check this out? Oh, but wait there's more: I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it... girl. And the drums are getting deeper with some super-cheesy zipper sound plus spooky background noise but who cares we still have that beat I love it girl I love it girl I love it girl I love it girl I love it girl I love it girl.

Girl is important in that second part of the lyric, okay? I'm not even sure if Ms. Cevin Fisher is saying I love it because, you know, of course the vocal is distorted! But girl is important because it situates the song, I mean it grounds you and reminds you: gay house, darling -- that's right, girl. Ms. Fisher even changed the spelling of her name so that you wouldn't know how to pronounce it, okay?

But wait -- here's the instrumental, so simple that rattle keeps going keeps going keeps going keeps going until it stops. The CD I'm listening to says 2000, but I want to say this track comes from 1995, of course that makes me wonder what they're playing now, the tracks to live live live live yes live for instead of turning into some nostalgia catastrophe I just need to find the places without smoke, DJs that twist and turn and shake and yearn building building building but maybe equally important I need to learn how to listen to the music without dancing too much, at least until I'm able to dance again throw it all on the floor without knocking myself into a pain emergency.

No comments: