Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Jerking off ONLY

Okay, there's this guy on craigslist who posts about how he wants to meet someone to jerk off, jerk off ONLY, ONLY JERKING OFF, so I guess we kind of get the point about what he wants to do but this is my favorite part, tucked at the end of the post like it's just a standard detail: HIV-negative only.

And it is a standard detail, unfortunately. I always find this type of prejudice monstrous, but coupled with a behavior at no risk for transmission of HIV (unless the guy comes into a syringe and the other guy accidentally shoots it into his jugular, I guess, or he aims his come shot for an open wound -- on your marks, get set, go!), I can't help but find it even more preposterous. I guess it still startles me to see the way fear of contagion can warp people’s minds in such a dramatic way that they declare it to the world as logic.

2 comments:

Ouish said...

I just saw this on Imogen's ... excuse me, Iphisol's friends page over on Livejournal, and I realize you're not trying to be funny, but I just wanted you to know how much I laughed at "unless the guy comes into a syringe and the other guy accidentally shoots it into his jugular, I guess, or he aims his come shot for an open wound...." Damn, now I'm laughing again.

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Ouish, of course I am trying to be funny -- there should always be humor within tragedy, when possible at least. Glad to see you're laughing!

Love --
mattilda