Saturday, April 12, 2008

A new strategy for internet cruising

Here's how it goes: I'm allowed to post ads, or log in to cruising sites, but I'm not allowed to browse ads or profiles. A window into my logic: first of all, I end up browsing ads when I actually have no energy at all, I'm looking for escape maybe sex will give me energy but browsing ads just ends up destroying my body and my mind, just drop me in a ditch. So, if I actually am horny, then I can post my own ad, right?

Also, when I look at other people's ads I end up trying to fit myself into all these gross, depressing, simplistic and limiting categories and that's a nightmare of its own. Same thing goes with browsing profiles -- it hurts hurts hurts my body, and I just end up browsing and browsing and trying to decide if I'm actually attracted to this person and then if I do end up sending someone a message I get nothing back anyway.

We'll see how this new strategy works -- I've got a one-month trial period, so I'll keep you posted!

Meanwhile, I'm on the way to Buena Vista Park in the heat wave...

9 comments:

Keidy said...

Good luck with this new strategy. I am going to go see you in July.

stephen said...

this heat wave is obnoxious. i just post ads too. fuck getting rejected, i want as little of that as possible.

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Thanks, Keidy -- and I will incorporate your visit into my strategy, as well :)

Love --
mattilda

studious_queer said...

Reading that post was like water in the desert for me. Reading those descriptions....masc, "just your average guy", REAL man seeks same" makes me want to burn black candles at midnight and mutter chilling curses to hex the gay mainstream.

btw....I'm finishing up a chapter to send along for consideration in the new anthology. It's called "Where there's fear, there's power: Faggots wielding the master's tools"

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Stephen, you're right this heatwave is ridiculous, what are they thinking? And yes, who needs rejection? Although, if people could just say something it wouldn't bother me so much...

Love --
mattilda

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

studious_queer, yay for water in the desert! And yay for midnight hexes! Masculine only masculine only masculine only masculine only masculine only hexes, of course...

And your essay sounds great, can't wait to read it!

Love --
mattilda

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

And wait, last night I wrote about water on a desert island, but I haven't posted that yet...

More love --
mattilda

Oli said...

oh, my transfag heart feels you on this, yes indeed.

(ps I loved pulling taffy)

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Aw, thank you Oli! I think I might have to go back to the old strategy of no internet cruising, though -- or maybe that's the new new strategy...

Love --
mattilda