Saturday, May 10, 2008

That kind of building

Then there's music -- that's my new strategy for the beginning of the day sometimes I can only take four songs before I get too wired but wow it's so much better than the news, which is grounding after the music but not before, no not before yes bring on the music! My other strategy is to try to get out of the house more than once per day, even if I feel horrible just to go out again and feel all that fresh air, especially on these cool chilly beautiful nights, the other night I actually walked all the way to the top of Nob Hill and into the border area between Nob Hill and Russian Hill and my body didn't hurt, it's so different late at night because earlier I can rarely walk more than three or four blocks. Maybe it has something to do with the pollution, because everything is clearer at night, but maybe it's something else too the way my body feels at different times of the day -- I don't know, but the point is that I walked all the way to that border area, right where I used to have that trick in the building with a doorman and then a concierge who had to unlock the elevator before you could use it. That was one of the the tricks who always tried to bargain me down, even though he bought three condos and combined them into one with special earthquake-proof stands for his glass sculptures and he told me something about how Janet Jackson or some star like that had an apartment there but she was too loud it wasn't that kind of building.

2 comments:

Shaun said...

I can't wait for your new book! I really do hope you feel better soon, as well.

Love,

S.Ind.

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Thanks, Shaun -- sometimes I feel better, and sometimes worse -- but yes, better would be better!

Love --
mattilda