Wednesday, June 18, 2008

One of those nights, one of those days -- but wait...

Okay, so there's a bad night of sleep -- that's every night, right? But then there's a really really really bad night of sleep, oh no help oh no! Maybe it starts because I do a few things after I'm already too exhausted to do anything, and then I hate myself just for being awake I mean staying awake why didn't I start getting ready when I first got so tired? And then I finally get in bed I'm completely wired. Eventually I fall asleep but when I wake up I feel like I've hardly been asleep at all. I mean because it's only been a few hours, and that's the really terrible part, just lying there and lying there and then turning to the other side, and then the other side, and then the other side, and then the other side, and then the other side, and then the other side and this goes on for hours until I get to that point where I keep thinking why can’t I fall asleep, and then I realize I was asleep and that just goes on and on until I get up.

So then my digestion doesn't work, I'm drinking kudzu to calm my stomach then Tums and the main problem is that I promised Eric I would go to her event, I really shouldn't go but I promised and the funny thing is that once I get there I'm fine. I mean sometimes I get to an event and I feel like I'm fine, but I'm not, but this time I'm actually just fine, kind of excited to see people and chat with people I don't yet know that they know my work and it's funny because I'm actually one of the last people there. And then I walk around the corner to catch the bus, the air was fine until this corner which is right by the highway just burning rubber and diesel fumes I sit on the fire hydrant because there's no bus stop. But wait -- is that really the 27, coming right towards me, right towards me and my fire hydrant dwelling? Yes oh yes -- I even get home before I crash.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Try some digestive enzymes, particularly containing *Bromelain* which is good for fibromyalgia!

(PS: If you are allergic to pineapple, no Bromelain for you!)

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Thanks for the advice, Daisy -- I do take digestive enzymes, and after taking about 10 different brands I've found me found one that helped a great deal at first, but I'm not sure they help any longer...

I remember that about bromelain -- I'll look for one that doesn't contain sugar...

Love --
mattilda