Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Losing something big

Here's what Derek responds: hi Mattilda, this is Derek, returning your phone call from last night -- and, you know what, I think I need a couple weeks off, so we'll talk in a couple, in a few weeks, I'll give you a call in a week or two. And I'm not quite sure if I'm going to that retreat either -- there's a forest fire about 25 miles away, 26,000 acres, so I don't know if I want to be breathing that shit in. Plus I've got a lot going on. Anyhow, I hope you're doing okay and that's it, I'll give you a call in a week or two and we'll talk about when we talk. I won't comment on any of your, any of the stuff you said over the phone -- I'll wait to do that in person. Okay, bye.

I guess there's nothing bad about that message, although I can't help noticing that he doesn't say I love you at the end, which is usually how each of us says goodbye to the other. Not 100% of the time, but definitely 85%. And in a situation like this, it feels more important. I guess I'll wait a few weeks, and see what happens. I mean I know we’ll resolve something eventually, but still I feel like I'm losing something big.

No comments: