Friday, August 29, 2008

Maybe it's a new strategy

I stand on the fire escape to do my morning movements, just for maybe four minutes and my back is to the sun but it's so hot that when I step back inside I'm almost dizzy, the good thing is that I can close my eyes and pretend I'm still sleeping, listen to the tinny beats a hint of vocal wrapping around toy drums bending into maybe the end of an advertising jingle just the jingle jingle jingle and back to drums. Maybe I can hold this feeling all day, close my eyes when I get to that place of how am I going to function how will I ever function because I know I'll get to that place, probably even in just a few minutes last night in bed oh sleep so interrupted why so interrupted why?

And then I'm interrupted today, my voice scratchier everything could be an edge but wait, close my eyes and try to feel something silly instead, maybe it's a new strategy.

2 comments:

M. said...

Silliness (being, thinking, feeling silly) is an amazing strategy, except the problem is people sometimes mistake you for dumb or immature and treat you accordingly. Or maybe that only happens to me. Stay silly, though. It may just be the last taboo.

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

M., thanks for the support -- I can't worry about all those people out there, right? Although I was thinking more of times when I'm by myself, which is most of the time -- by choice and necessity.

Love --
mattilda