Thursday, August 28, 2008

Nothing really gets inside

My voice is hoarse from my conversation with Amy yesterday, or maybe not hoarse but scratchy. Is it just from talking two hours straight with barely any pauses? Talking two hours straight about deep emotional drama? I guess what I do when I'm talking like that is that I stop breathing and hold my chest up and probably that constricts my throat -- since I'll definitely be talking a lot while I'm on tour, I have to think about what exactly I do with my body, to learn and unlearn that pattern and also some good herbs to soothe the throat, right?

Today there's a heatwave, but I'm not that stressed about it because at least it's dry out not that gross humidity drama and this is the time of year when we're supposed to have heatwaves. The problem is that this is also the time of year when it hasn't rained in six months no maybe four but that's a long time and even when there’s a breeze it doesn't feel fresh it's just like the pollution is blowing around. It's still better than no breeze, but I keep inhaling and inhaling but it's like nothing really gets inside.

No comments: