Monday, September 01, 2008

An interview on Blogcritics...

And she even asked about my gay evangelical Christian audience, which keeps growing and growing -- thanks, Carole!

(I'm not sure how they decided to call me "Matt Bernstein Sycamore" even though the book cover says "Mattilda Bernstein Sycamore" -- and that's how Carole cites me -- or how they decided to call me a "gay activist" even though I specifically talk in the interview about why I don't identify as gay, but of course I'm used to all of that)

6 comments:

Lisa Harney said...

I would guess they called you gay because they're still having trouble with the B and the T, and now people want Q, GQ, TG/TS distinction, maybe even I...

It's sooo harrrd to respect people's identities. Or maybe I'm just bitter. :(

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Lisa, you're right -- it's so so so so so so so so so so hard, why do THOSE PEOPLE make it SO HARD for the rest of us :)

love --
mattilda

Lisa Harney said...

And then there are people who won't stay in their box and they might be T and Q and GQ and maybe even L or G all at the same time. Why can't they just pick one?

Lisa,
TQL

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Lisa, it's not a box, it's a COMMUNITY...

Love --
mattilda

Lisa Harney said...

Well, this community has been mean to me. Can I exchange it for a community with more queers and rebels?

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Yes yes -- let's make an exchange -- queers and rebels and freaks, please!

Love --
mattilda