Saturday, September 27, 2008

What not to do

Okay, today starts with the fact that I’m allergic to something in the laundry detergent they use at the place where I send my laundry so that I won’t be allergic. I’m already dreading the phone conversation when I call them to ask why there’s something synthetic in the laundry and they say they only use biodegradable detergent, but I know that’s not true because I can smell something synthetic. Non-synthetic fragrances don’t last this long – maybe it’s the residue from some other wash, except they say they don’t use fabric softener or any other detergents except for this one that I know has no chemicals and it.

And today ends with the fact that I have to leave the opening plenary for Critical Resistance, the prison abolition conference, because I’m in too much pain. I mean I’m only there briefly and I get to hug some friends hello and then sit down and argue with a volunteer about whether it’s okay to sit in the seats with more legroom but apparently it’s not so thenI end up in all this pain I mean I actually would probably end up in this pain anyway, but maybe not as fast because the argument drains me and then I’m sitting in this huge room with a lot of dust and not much air circulation and I keep getting up to walk around but it’s doesn’t help much and then the plenary opens and I’m just staring into space thinking I should leave I’m going to be in too much pain I should leave before I’m in too much pain, but it’s hard to leave because I managed to get there.

More later, I guess -- I can’t write anymore right now, it hurts too much to sit at the computer I don’t exactly know what to do, but apparently the computer is what not to do.

5 comments:

gina said...

i'm so sorry, love.
i love you so.
let me give you a big hug...
love--
gina

keidy said...

Thanks for the message. Sorry you are not feeling well. I hope you are better enough to start writing again soon.

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Gina, thanks for the hug!!!

And Keidy, well I'm already writing, but still in pain pain pain I think I need a different ergonomic chair for this computer, but that won't happen for a while...

love --
mattild

davka said...

great writing.

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Thank you, davka!

Love --
mattilda