Saturday, October 18, 2008

Good news, bad news

Bad news: on the train to Olympia, I get my first moment of complete overwhelm, I'm so sad and unable to function, staring into space trying to figure out what happens when I get off the train I mean I know what will happen I'll conjure some sort of energy but then what about later? Good news: feldenkrais saves me, the practitioner focuses on this movement of tongue out of mouth like licking a big ice cream cone she says it’s a very early movement we learn it when we're babies but sometimes we forget things get stuck we lose the connection between the base of the neck and the base of the spine. And then afterwards I can see clearer my body more a part of everything else and then bad news: it takes an hour and a half to get back on the bus and I'm crashing again into that exhaustion overwhelm but then good news: Andee calls, while I'm waiting for the bus in the rain, the rain on my head because I waited too long to pull the hood of my sweater over now it's too late my hair will get too messed up but Andee understands waiting for the bus in the rain we waited for a lot of buses together in Seattle and now the rain actually feels okay.

(More on my Seattle and Olympia events coming soon, but right now I'm running from the computer to avoid hurting my body)

No comments: