Saturday, November 08, 2008

Moving on to Massachusetts -- and I need help, last-minute help!

Here are the events, but please read on because I'm looking for a bit of last-minute assistance (a ride to Amherst and a place to stay in Boston, oh no!):

So Many Ways to Sleep Badly in AMHERST
Tuesday, Nov 11, 7:00 p.m.
Food for Thought
106 N. Pleasant Street
Amherst, MA 01002
(413) 253-5432
www.foodforthoughtbooks.com

So Many Ways to Sleep Badly in BOSTON
Thursday, November 13, 7:00 p.m.
Harvard Coop
1400 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02238
(617) 499-2000
http://harvard.bncollege.com

And the help -- yes, I've reached that point in my tour where I'm fighting fighting fighting the exhaustion and pain drama and also refusing to allow the emergence of a cold which takes a lot of energy and a few things have fallen through the cracks, so now I'm looking for a ride to Amherst tomorrow night -- Sunday, November 9 -- my bus from Montréal arrives at South Station at 10:55 PM, is there anyone who wants to go on a late-night adventure and drive to Amherst then? I can pay to fill up the car with a tank of gas or even pay for a car rental if you don't have one. Alternately, a ride on the evening of Monday, November 10 could work -- or even right before my event on Tuesday, November 11 -- let me know.

And, I need a place to stay in Boston -- a room of my own with a bed and a door that closes, + a kitchen where I can cook large pots of vegan food -- I would either be in Boston from Sunday, November 9 to Saturday, November 15 or from Wednesday to Saturday if I get to Amherst early.

If you have any ideas, please call call call me at 415-440-1575, leave a voicemail and I'll call back (I'll have email until midnight tonight but not tomorrow)…

4 comments:

stephen said...

In the spirit of you I marched against the protests last night in SF: I carried a sign that said "End religious tyranny"/"Criminalize Boring" and yelled "no marriage, yes circle jerks" then ate tacos with a lovely older gay couple and discussed our differences of opinions and interior designing. Hope you are well out there. xooxoxx

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Beautiful. Although do you think they interpreted the religious tyranny as that of the Christian Right and not their own?

Love--
mattilda

stephen said...

For sure the former cause gay men -for the most part- are too self involved to ever think what they are doing is wrong, right??? All I know is, end tyranny on all levels and ummm anyone that claims otherwise is a total fucking sadist which can be hot but only if I'm in the mood and wax is involved. Otherwise, tyranny is annoying. I hope you are well, and yes, down with the cult of gay! xoxoox

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Down with the cult of gay, indeed! And yes, tyranny only in a negotiated scene, okay?

Love --
mattilda