Monday, January 19, 2009

Queens in the world of men

The voice software has decided that every time there is a pause, it's time to insert the word "him" him him him, makes me think of something Daphne said last night that sounded like "I know nothing about queens in the world of men," and I said that's the story of my life, but actually she said something else.

And then Hilary says, "Perhaps the protocol is to make gay tv so clean that it bores people away from being gay." But she really said that.

6 comments:

Hilary Goldberg said...

i guess the software doesn't know what to do with awkward silences, it just writes what's on its mind -- him him him

?
xhil

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

But wait -- these silences aren't even awkward, this software shouldn't have a mind, where is my mind, who minds?

Anyway, it's working better today...

love --
mattilda

Hilary Goldberg said...

perhaps the software was questioning masculinity him him him

glad it is working better now. hope this means more of your thoughts and words gracing pages.

xh

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Oh, questioning masculinity -- well that sounds delightful!

Of course, "working better now" means working better now, but now changes so fast, I guess I better write faster...

Love --
mattilda

man-of-snows said...

What program are you using? Every time I have tried voice recognition software it ends up typing something completely different than what I said. Perhaps it is my voice?

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

I use Dragon Naturally Speaking -- basically, it took about a year and a half before it would type anything like what I said, but that was Version 3. Now it's up to Version 10, and at least it's a little bit better...

Love--
mattilda