Saturday, January 17, 2009

Writing without reading without writing -- and you, my dear

It’s harder to read without writing than to write without reading, that’s what I’m thinking my reviewer’s hands keep grabbing the pen. Or, just for memory, as in: I want to remember this line. Too many lines to remember, a compliment to the writing but remember I’m trying to practice reading without writing. Unless it’s writing without reading. Reading without you. I miss you, even while I’m reading. Even while I’m writing without reading, which isn’t really possible but it hurts less.

2 comments:

man-of-snows said...

It seems all that I have been doing lately is reading without writing. I would gladly take some of your writing without reading.

I am all blocked up with consonants and sideways vowels in my bowels.

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

How about reading without writing and writing without reading -- and reading with writing, writing with reading -- the food pyramid, as they say...

Love--
mattilda