Friday, March 13, 2009

Static

But oh the white noise generator, my home away from home -- I mean, when I’m away: here it’s just home, I guess. Is that what I have here? Something I can rely on; I can’t rely on much. When I’m traveling I use just one, but at home always two yes two, and tonight one of them is doing that annoying wave thing instead of the constant sound that I love: TV static, why is TV static so comforting when I would never turn on the TV? They call it rain. At first I think I’m imagining the wave thing -- I mean I have it on the right setting, what’s going on? The problem with the waves is that every time I start to relax the sound changes and then I just want to pick it up and throw it against the wall. I fall asleep anyway, but then when I wake up to piss and lie back down and my brain kicks in and I’m listening to the waves to calm me but it’s not working I just want to scream but maybe it’s not really the waves maybe I’m just aggravated from being awake too early but then I am screaming so I get up and turn it off. Shouldn’t be too much of a problem really because the other one will still be on, right? But guess what -- the switch goes to the other side and oh right that’s how to get the wave sound to stop so simple how did I forget so simple no need for this panic it’s already back to TV static and my brain’s still on but back in bed I feel so much better anyway.

No comments: