Sunday, April 12, 2009

Lostmissing #28


Lostmissing is a public art project -- I’d love it if you’d participate.

And here's what lostmissing #28 says:

When I see you in a dream again it’s more stressful. I’m doing this dance move in a huge white room, white so high up it’s like the sky and I start on the floor jump to the ceiling the hard part is staying up there without hurting my shoulders against not-quite-sky and then back down to the floor and up, people are impressed most by the jump but remember the hardest part is the smooth roll of the shoulders up top. When I’m done I head upstairs to wash up and there you are at the gym in your workout clothes, back to me, I turn around. I’m at the checkout counter but there’s no one around, I pile groceries and cosmetics and everything I can into bags I don’t even know what all of this is but I walk outside it’s New York I figure I can jump into a cab and if someone says did you pay for that I can just hand them a credit card. The street is further from the door than I thought and businessmen are running out ahead of me, when I get to the corner I realize it’s the highway. I’m trying to get out of the elevator, but the bags are stuck in the door, the door opens inward not out and then finally I’m out into the abandoned gym of security checkpoints, emptiness without space and finally the locker room, some friendly guys are taking the goods through the backside of the locker but how will I get out?

3 comments:

davka said...

when people go lost/missing on me the dreams are the hardest part. i will think i am totally fine and then a really sad dream will hit me with the fact that i am just not.

reading a book on radical honesty and it's good. radically honest: I'm devastated by the way people just bail out on each other. What kind of communities can we build with this cowardice?

On a positive note, love this one.

chamblee54 said...

Lost Missing returns to chamblee54.
I suppose it is too late to do anything about Jesus, he has gotten out again. Next time we need to use two boulders.

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Davka, that's so interesting because I kind of like the dreams better than the reality -- I feel like things get worked out more, at least right now...

What's the book on radical honesty? That sounds interesting!

And yes yes "I'm devastated by the way people just bail out on each other. What kind of communities can we build with this cowardice?"

Such an important question...

Chamblee, how exciting -- and oh no, Jesus got out again!?!

Love --
mattilda