Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Sometimes I wish it could always be 2 am


I mean I wish I could always feel like I feel at 2 am, walking up those final two blocks to the top of the hill and oh the deserted streets that crisp air and why are the cops circling around the block I’m only taking a picture. At 2 am I can stare at the crazy shadows and we can hold each other. In the park by some of the poshest buildings in the city, there are people talking too loud I’m surprised I didn’t notice before that there are fountains, the sound. Maybe I should talk to these people, but I’m not that interested in groups of drunk straight people really, even at 2 am I prefer the crazy shadows. Walking downhill, there are the cops again and some extremely drunk types yelling bitch! Bitch bitch bitch! Bitch! And I get up close and say why yes, hello!

The woman of the trio says not you, honey, and it’s that intimacy that somehow feels special, then a few groups of people who are probably taggers and that’s probably why the cops are circling around, the taggers are drunk too but I feel connected with them like we’re all walking in circles the cops just behind and for a moment I think maybe I should join a group of taggers we have the same hours. Stopping to get a photo and the cops are on me again, will photography soon be outlawed? But oh the air the streets the shadows and everything is fresh, even the spray paint smell doesn’t bother me because it represents what I love and I wonder if one of them is tagging learn, I’ll go back tomorrow and look, now I’m almost home and I’m not even worn out.

4 comments:

Hilary Goldberg said...

wow, those shadows are Amazing and magical -- just like the photographer. xhil

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Darling, you are too sweet :):):)

love --
mattilda

Oli said...

they look like raised fists.

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Raised fists? I guess that's a good thing...

Love --
mattilda