Friday, April 10, 2009

Sweet potatoes

It’s the first foggy day in a while, and I wake up wondering about the sweet and sickening smell in the corner cabinet, yes I’ve convinced myself it’s the downstairs neighbors’ cooking but why suddenly on the first foggy day? It’s mold, today I’m sure its mold in the walls and so I realize, again, that eventually I have to leave, but I have no idea where I’ll go or whether it will be better and I’m not sure I’ll ever know. Outside, on every corner there’s pot smoke hanging over, but it’s in my apartment where I’m always sneezing, or not always sneezing but in my apartment where I sneeze, which makes me think about the mold again -- none of it is visible, which makes it harder to decide anything. I’m waiting for the sweet potato to finish baking, even though I don’t like sweet potatoes.

4 comments:

Hilary Goldberg said...

Foggy in LA too. I made beets last night and thought of you. A friend said "beet the system" when I was cooking and that made me think of you again.

love, hil

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Foggy in LA? I didn't realize it got foggy in LA -- although there was that one time when I was driving with Jessica and we did spot some fog and then later she realized there used to be a river in that place, buried long ago -- but yes yes let's beet beet beet the system although the voice activation software only wants to beat beat beat the system, for once maybe it's right...

Love --
mattilda

Hilary Goldberg said...

you are right, overcast would be the word, or perhaps smog with a gray hue. beet beat eat the system!
xhil

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Aha, the truth comes out! But I like that beat...

Love --
mattilda