Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Palate


Sometimes when you’re really tired you notice things in a different way a different way than what it’s hard to think of not being tired, especially while staring at a single piece of quinoa on the shiny black background of a postcard, illuminated by the ceiling light reflecting off all that shiny black. Should I eat it?

No, after staring at it for so long, pristine against the softness of cardstock, somehow it doesn’t seem right for my palate. You can use words like palate when you’re tired, I mean really tired.

5 comments:

marginalutility said...

But only then.
Or when I mock myself, talking about my "mild Boston palate."

Hilary Goldberg said...

don't eat it!

love, hil

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Only then, indeed!

Did I eat it? I can't remember... Okay, I remember, but I still like the question...

Love --
mattilda

DaisyDeadhead said...

I love the shadow bunnies. :)

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Yay for shadow bunnies!

Love --
mattilda