Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Better

The problem with getting a cold is that I don’t feel that different than usual. I mean I feel much worse, but that doesn’t feel different. I read my interview with Martin Duberman again, make a few changes and print it out, get back in bed. I think about going outside, but I don’t go outside, and I don’t care about going outside, really. Fresh air sounds nice, but too cold for my cold. I run water for another bath, so I can get back in bed. I make another change in the interview. I eat more. I think about the things that I can’t do. If I didn’t have a cold, maybe I would try anyway. Maybe this cold is helping me. I get back in the bath: this bath is too hot, I can feel my body leaving my body. My farts are making bubbles in the water -- I wouldn’t write about farts if I didn’t have a cold. I look at my leg, or what used to be my leg. I lean back anyway, until I feel the opposite of a headache no the opposite direction -- like it’s going inside instead of out. Maybe I didn’t put enough eucalyptus oil in this bath. When I get out, my hands are bright red, but they’re still cold. Although not as cold. Should I drink water, more ginger tea, eat more food? More goldenseal, or is that what made me so cold? Should I check my mail, in case the new homeopathic remedy arrived? I just can’t deal with more mail for my neighbor, I still get all of her mail, even magazines that she must’ve renewed with the wrong address -- I get everything: bills, garden catalogs, health newsletters, even her social security. More sneezing, but at least my body doesn’t make as much. I guess the good thing about a cold is that when it goes away I’ll feel better.

4 comments:

CaroleMcDonnell said...

Hey there, I hate colds. Hope you get well soon. I'm going around drinking a whole lotta salt water. Water and sea salt. It helps a lot but will see.

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Thanks, Carole -- and enjoy the sea...

Love --
mattilda

mixedqueer said...

querida!

you've been sick for weeks now! i send you <3's and health.

when i have a chill in my bones sometimes a strong ginger tea really helps. i dont like ginger but it warms the body pretty well. that and whiskey :P

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Yay for <3's and health!!!

Ginger tea usually helps me too, so I made a big batch, but I think it might have actually made my stomach worse, oh no...

Love --
mattilda