Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Can't



Sometimes I don’t understand how my energy works, I’m in the middle of a sentence and all the sudden. All the sudden there’s no sentence. Nothing has happened, it’s just that now I can’t.

Or with the sun -- one moment I think this is the best thing that’s ever happened, sitting here in the sun on the fire escape, and the next moment it feels too hot, maybe I’m getting burnt maybe I’ll turn to face away from the sun but then it’s too cold.

I guess it is my sinuses, here inside with the computer I can feel all this pain, here it is, this pain, this sinus pain. My new strategy: this is just my sinuses, I’m not sad, this is just my sinuses. But then there’s me, and I’m sad again

6 comments:

Hilary Goldberg said...

No more plastic hangers! Love the composition on that one.

xh

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Thanks, my dear :)

Love --
mattilda

kayti said...

I do not know how energy works either. If you ever find out let me know and do try to stay out of sun. Sunburns suck

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Kayti, yes yes I'll let you know for sure!

Love --
mattilda

mixedqueer said...

i totes know about that sun's too hot shade is chilly paradox. my favorite is partial shade or sun with a cool breeze.

ps i love that photo. i don't know why but i spent a really long time looking at it. and i had pulsing, squeezy feeling in my chest and behind my face.

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Mixedqueer, yes yes to sun with a cool breeze, that's for sure!

And a "pulsing, squeezy feeling in my chest and behind my face" -- that's beautiful, thank you for sharing!

Love --
mattilda