Saturday, August 08, 2009

This dark substance you stuff into tiny plastic tubes

In the dream that now I can only faintly remember, the dream in between or no not in between, after, finally after all of that horrible indigestion waking me up with an expansion of belly into chest that burping I can’t stop burping I mean I can’t stop trying to burp which hurts more and I have to move until finally I have to sit up too, ouch this burping ouch when did this burping start? All my indigestion used to come out as gas, which is terrible in public, but at night in my bed I much prefer gas to all this pain.

Anyway, after the burping does kind of become gas, and then there isn’t as much pain, there are these elaborate dreams where I’m escaping somewhere but not quite, the only part I remember right now is that somehow I’m naked on the streets of Germany, surrounded by cops, but then I realize maybe it’s legal to be naked so somehow I’m back inside the glass-walled shopping mall end-of-the-world bunker no wait now it’s some kind of collective house where we all live in one large room, they’re starting to tear out the walls and one of my roommates is beside herself, I say they have to tear out the walls, it’s the only way to get rid of the mold but she says: then where would we live? We’ve run out of food except for this dark substance you stuff into tiny plastic tubes, then press the mechanism at the top to get it into your throat, bitter and it’s not very filling but at some point I realize my head feels clear, at least I’m not allergic to this substance, and when I wake up I realize that it’s ink, ink we’re stuffing into pens and then pushing down our throats and at least I’m not allergic to words.

5 comments:

the zak said...

What's your take on LGBTI Health Summits, Gay Men's Health Summits, Bisexual Health Summits?... any ideas?

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Hmmm... tell me the latest, and I will certainly look at the info!

Love --
mattilda

the zak said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBTI_Health_Summit

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Oh, I didn't know about this one coming up in Chicago -- I'll have to look into the specifics...

My first reaction, of course, is wait -- where is the Q as in queer, but often these supposedly "inclusive" types of events like to keep the queer side of things beneath the surface, even if that's the identity that many of the organizers actually relate to. But I'll look it up...

Love --
mattilda

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Okay, after browsing the schedule it does seem that there are a fair number of interesting panels among a large number of dry types -- I'm not very drawn to big conferences and corporate hotels, and my main question would be how would the information exchanged at this type of event better be created/explored outside of the usual type of nonprofit-affiliated person attending...

Feel free to email me and tell me how it goes (if you attend), I'm curious...

Love --
mattilda