Saturday, October 03, 2009

Pie a realtor for Marriage Equality? I'm serious!

Okay, this might be the weirdest ad I’ve ever seen, in the current issue of the Bay Area Reporter -- at the top it says:

“PIE A REALTOR FOR MARRIAGE EQUALITY!”


And then -- yes yes, a picture of someone in a suit, a pie in their face!

And beneath this somewhat enticing image:

“Herth Real Estate invites you to donate to Marriage Equality USA by putting a pie in the face of your favorite realtor”


Really?

I’m certainly not against putting a pie in the face of your “favorite” realtor, but for Marriage Equality? Isn’t that kind of like throwing a pie at Obama to support more funding for the war in Afghanistan? Or pie-ing some health care industry executive to support more price gouging?

Apparently this particular pie-ing experience will take place at the Herth Real Estate “lounge booth” at San Francisco’s Castro Street Fair, but maybe this is a practice that will take on at future “marriage equality” events. Or, wait, isn’t there some kind of March taking place soon in our nation’s capital? Didn't Cleve Jones just say, "We have a dream too?" Start baking…

2 comments:

Elián Maricón said...

"Isn’t that kind of like throwing a pie at Obama to support more funding for the war in Afghanistan?"

My cheeks hurt from laughing....thanks!

xoxoxo

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Yay -- thank you, my dear! I mean, not that I want your cheeks to hurt, but laughing I do like laughing :)

Love --
mattilda