Monday, October 26, 2009

Wait, guess what? It's... lostmissing #42!!!



Lostmissing is a public art project -- I’d love it if you’d participate.

And, just in case you can't view it, here's what lostmissing #42 says:

Fuck this attempt at narrative closure -- I think about you less, but when I do think about you it hurts just as much. I almost walked to your house the other day, I mean the other day two months ago. I arrived early to meet someone nearby and I thought okay, I’ll walk around. Maybe I’ll even walk in that direction, just to see your front steps.

But why would I want to see your front steps? So then I walked in the other direction.

All those times when you said oh, this is something new, I need time to think about this. And then I gave you time, at least two years’ time, but you never brought anything up again, I had to ask you what you thought. You thought these were old issues, old issues you didn’t need to think about.

Or when you said that I knew this was a hard time, a hard time for you, you were going through a hard time. Of course two years can be a hard time, no question about that, but then shouldn’t there be time in a difficult time for thinking about issues that might matter?

I wish you didn’t matter, that’s what I’m thinking now -- it’s been a year and I still haven’t seen you and I saw your old roommate again, this time she didn’t say anything, but maybe the music was too loud. We waved. Then I thought about you anyway, in the middle of the night I got all manic and decided maybe we should get together to say goodbye, even if we did it in silence. We could meet somewhere in public, stand there and look at each other and then leave. Just for some kind of closure. Maybe I would feel it.

2 comments:

thissouthernfaggot said...

yes! This so fabulous and I have been in the mood for wheat pasting.

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Yay!!!!

Love --
mattilda