Sunday, November 15, 2009

I'm coming to Corvallis, Oregon!

If you’re in Corvallis, now’s the perfect time to see me -- and if you’re elsewhere in Oregon, tell your Corvallis friends to come and say hi!

I’ll be giving the keynote talk for Trans Awareness Week at Oregon State University -- I’ll be talking about everything from the tyranny of niche marketed publishing to passing crises to sex work to radical queer activism to sexual abuse to experimental writing to accountability to fibromyalgia to how the hell I got to this place of writing and editing books… Pulling It Together is what I’m calling the madness of it all -- oh, and I’ll also be reading from my newest novel, So Many Ways to Sleep Badly…

Wednesday, November 18th @ 8 pm
Oregon State University
Memorial Union, Journey Room
Corvallis, Oregon, 97331
(University contact: queer.affairs@oregonstate.edu)

4 comments:

kayti said...

will you be wearing the jacket. with that jacket you need mascara

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

That jacket would be great with mascara, but it's not quite warm enough for Corvallis -- I might have to wait until the spring in San Francisco...

Love --
mattilda

thissouthernfaggot said...

Oregon! What a tragically cold place! I imagine, at least. No good!

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

No, it's not so cold -- just a bit rainy... but I think the air will be fresh!

Love --
mattilda