Saturday, January 30, 2010

My film is showing in Baltimore next Saturday, February 6, 7pm!!!

In case you don't remember, I made a short film with Gina Carducci and it's gorgeous!

Here are the details:

All That Sheltering Emptiness is a meditation on elevators, hotel lobbies, hundred dollar bills, the bathroom, a cab, chandeliers, cocktails, the receptionist, arousal, and other routines in the life of a New York City callboy. Gorgeously hand-processed in full 16mm glory, this film is a collaboration between Gina Carducci (Stone Welcome Mat) and Mattilda Bernstein Sycamore (author of So Many Ways to Sleep Badly; editor of That’s Revolting! Queer Strategies for Resisting Assimilation). All That Sheltering Emptiness explodes the typical narratives of desire, escape and intimacy to evoke something more honest. (16mm, color, optical sound, 7 min.)

And here's the information on the screening -- if you end up making it, let me know how it goes -- unfortunately, I won't be able to be there but Gina will be in attendance...

PARTS&LABOR
Opening Reception & Performances
(including a screening of All That Sheltering Emptiness!)
Saturday, February 6, 7pm
The Annex Theater & Gallery
419 E. Oliver St. (2W)
Baltimore, MD

4 comments:

annaham said...

I know I haven't commented in a while (hi! *waves*) but I wish I could be at the screening! Good gravy, the description alone makes me perk up (in a good way).

I hope you are well. I was just re-reading So Many Ways... and am continually inspired by it, and by you. <3

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Annaham, it's so lovely to hear from you -- and, of course, so lovely to hear about your (re)-reading of So Many Ways!!!

And I wish I could be at the Baltimore screening too, but I hope there will be some Bay Area screenings in the near future, and of course then it would be lovely to see you :)

Love love love --
mattilda

wintergreens said...

Hi love, I've owed you a call ever since the NY screening! I wasn't able to go to the mix festival, but am dying to see the film, and continue our discussion of art about rape that doesn't make people feel traumatized/re-traumatized.
Miss you,
Kara

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Kara, yes yes we must continue that conversation -- please soon, I hope soon...

So great to hear from you!

Love --
mattilda