Saturday, February 27, 2010

Shifting

One day, maybe I’ll feel better. Can we mark that day on the calendar, please? I mean, not just one day of feeling better, but the day when it all moves. What day is that, again?

Sometimes I wonder why I even try to feel better, if all that ends up happening is that I feel worse. Sometimes I feel better, but then I feel worse. Today I went out and got a cream from the acupuncturist that you rub around your arteries and it absorbs into the blood and I was worried about this cream because it contains so many ingredients, including preservatives and synthetic fragrance, but actually it doesn’t smell too strong at all, and when I rubbed it into the arteries I felt a slight burst of energy and then I thought okay, maybe this will help.

I’m always looking for what will help. I’m always looking, like now when I look outside and the sun is out after rain and the light is astonishing, the clouds pink, white and blue more than grey, shifting slightly to the left, East I guess, and the buildings are shadowing one another, even the shadow on the Federal Building, where does that shadow come from? But the clouds, puffy and slow, shifting so slightly.

No comments: