Saturday, May 22, 2010

Back to the usual, I guess...

I know I always feel horrible get back from a trip, but that doesn’t make it any less overwhelming. I’m walking uphill, trying to figure out how far is too far. I’m so tired that I can’t imagine how this could be helpful. At least it clears the mold out of my sinuses, maybe. Except that it replaces the mold with car exhaust. Could anything be more annoying than the shower in my apartment, rotating between hot and nothing every 10 seconds? I think it’s the San Francisco water that dries out my hair, before this shower my hair felt like it was recovering, now it’s breaking off with just a little moisture. And every time I drink some of this water, here comes the bloating again -- yesterday it didn’t stop the entire day, I mean lately it always seems to explode while I’m in bed, but can’t I get a break, a break from the bloating? I don’t even know how much I like sitting on the fire escape anymore -- the view is beautiful, and I’m glad I have somewhere to sit in the sun, but it kind of feels like I’m sitting in a cage -- couldn’t I have just a little more room, maybe room for a chair and a plant or two? At least when I’m in my own apartment I can cry more while I listen to the news.

2 comments:

Waiting For John said...

Hiya Nobody Passes,

I've just left your site and now invite you over to mine whenever you've the time.

Join dennis Cooper, Edmund White & Tony O'neill reading Waiting For John. It'd be an honour to have you amongst them.

http://waitingforjohn.blogspot.com

Love and Thoughts, Tristram. X

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Thanks, Tristram -- I'll check out your site soon...

Love --
mattilda