Friday, June 11, 2010

Irritating

This new schedule is confusing me -- I go on a walk in the blaring 1 pm sunshine. I wear this beautiful striped sun hat, but it’s always on the verge of flying off in the wind, and I worry it’ll make my neck tense again, trying to keep it on. The sun is irritating too, I keep trying to get on the side of the street where there isn’t any, because I’m worried I’m getting burnt; it happens that fast at this time of day. That’s why I’m wearing the sun hat.

Did I mention the sinus headache? What is wrong with my sinuses? Maybe it’s this time of day, when it’s more polluted. Somehow I manage to walk 10 blocks, which makes me feel like I’ve accomplished something, but when I get home I already feel like my day is over. I’m not used to this new time schedule -- there’s no magic, like all the healthcare practitioners say, where suddenly my organs are getting so much rest. I’m not getting rest, because of the bloating. And then I feel like my day is over, just as it’s starting, and that’s familiar too, but somehow it’s even more irritating when it’s earlier. What do I do with the rest of my day?

2 comments:

Kay said...

Can you find an art museum or other large pretty institution where you could wander in comfort without exposure to the sun? Frankly I envy your situation and excess of sunshine. I'm in Wellington, New Zealand where its 7degrees in the middle of the day, and we're expecting rain, sleet, snow and cold winds to soon start blowing their way up from nearby Antarctica.

There's a great Monty Python skit on comparative deprivation. So even though your situation is irritating to you, it sounds great to me. : )

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Kay, I do like the sun, it's just so confusing with so much more of it around, now that I'm getting up earlier :)

Although I do love, too -- but not sleet, rain, and cold winds coming up from Antarctica, I don't think, at least not for too long...

Wishing you sunshine...

Love --