Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Titanium dioxide

Wherever I live, I need to make sure that I have something like this fire escape. Sitting here in the sun I feel so calm, the wind on my skin. Then, as soon as I step inside I feel awful again. Will this bloating ever end? I really can’t figure out what the hell causes it -- drinking water? Eating anything at all? I definitely can’t stop either of those things; I feel like I’m trying everything else I can think of. The gastroenterologist said to take this medication for heartburn, but I don’t think I have heartburn. Could that possibly help? Especially with all these supposedly inactive ingredients: colloidal silicon dioxide, DNC red number 28, FD&C blue number 1, FD&C green number 3, FD&C red number 40, gelatin, hydroxypropyl cellulose, low substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose, magnesium carbonate, methacrylic acid copolymer, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, starch, sucrose, sugar sphere, talc, titanium dioxide.

Oh, no -- that sounds awful. Really awful. Doctor says no side effects. Right. How could all those chemicals help my digestion? Meanwhile, I can’t decide if stronger contact lenses give me a headache, I mean I guess I’ve decided that they do, so I’m wearing the other ones, but the other day I actually took the wrong train -- I thought it said M, but it was the N. Although maybe I just heard the announcement wrong, maybe I wasn’t even looking at the screen. Or maybe I was looking at the screen, but it was labeled wrong. Although I didn’t notice anyone else getting off in surprise. Back to those pills: do not take if allergic to lansoprazole, they say. That’s the active ingredient. But what about the rest? I guess it would take up a lot of space to say: do not take if allergic to colloidal silicon dioxide, DNC red number 28, FD&C blue number 1, FD&C green number 3, FD&C red number 40, gelatin, hydroxypropyl cellulose, low substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose, magnesium carbonate, methacrylic acid copolymer, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, starch, sucrose, sugar sphere, talc, or titanium dioxide.

No comments: