Wednesday, July 07, 2010

The stretching mat

Lying in bed I think: maybe today. Maybe today I’ll feel better, because I basically slept without interruption -- that’s rare. Maybe things are going in the right direction. But then I get up, and there’s the pain in my gut, since everything has been clenching all night I guess and I feel awful, worse than yesterday actually. I don’t even want to go outside -- my sinuses are a mess, and I’m so tired I feel like crying.

I have an appointment with a new acupuncturist, but I don’t even want to go. It’ll just make me more tired. She’ll tell me I should eat red meat. The smell from the moxa in her office will give me a horrible headache, and I’ll leave feeling like someone hit me in the head.

I check my voicemail -- here the acupuncturist is on the phone, she made a scheduling error and can I come in at 11 am instead of 3 pm? It’s after noon now. Or, she says, 2 pm. Probably I could get there by 2 pm but it sounds awful to rush, I don’t want to rush when I feel this terrible already. But what will I do if I don’t go to acupuncture? I don’t have the energy to do anything, really. So maybe I should go.

Okay -- the acupuncturist thinks we should reschedule too. I look in the paper for a movie, maybe a movie will make me feel better, at least until my body hurts. No movies. Time for a shower. But ,oh no -- there still isn’t any hot water, I mean there’s just a trickle -- that’s what happened a half-hour ago, so I thought I’d give it some time, but apparently time hasn’t helped.

What am I going to do? I need to get out of the house, because my hands and arms hurt too much, there’s nothing to do here without my hands and arms. Dammit -- here comes that swallowing allergy-- stop, stop swallowing, it’s hurting my throat! Back to the stretching mat.

No comments: