Monday, September 27, 2010

Oh, my -- my goodbye reading is tomorrow!!!


And wow, it’s really really really hot out -- I hope it’s not so hot tomorrow…

I have a ton of vegetables to serve with a dip or something -- now I just need to make the dip, rosemary red lentils is what I’m planning -- I'm getting kind of emotional, hope the event goes well and feels like some kind of closure and opening...

Here are the details of the event:

The End of San Francisco: A Special Preview Reading
Tuesday, September 28 -- refreshments at 6:30 pm, reading at 7 pm
Modern Times Bookstore
888 Valencia St. @ 20th
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 282-9246
www.moderntimesbookstore.com

It’s true -- after living in San Francisco for who knows how many years (okay -- 14 of the last 20), I’m moving away this fall and would love to see you at my goodbye event, which is also a special preview of my memoir-in progress, The End of San Francisco. The new book is about the people and spaces and feelings in moments of losses that have made and unmade me -- my political, cultural, social, ethical, sexual and emotional formations, and their undoing. The centerpiece of the book is about moving to San Francisco in the early-’90s, and coming of age in San Francisco, Seattle, Boston, Providence, DC and New York. Much of that section, and the next, which starts as the dot-com crash gives way to new perils and possibilities, takes place in the Mission just blocks from Modern Times -- what a perfect place for a special preview reading! Includes refreshments before, and discussion afterwards -- feel free to bring something delicious…

2 comments:

thissouthernfaggot said...

You kind of look like Willy Wonka in this photo, I think. You need a brown felt hat.

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Willy Wonka, oh no...

Love --
mattilda