Thursday, October 21, 2010

Exhaustion

Exhaustion can be so exhausting. Really: what could be more exhausting? I’m exhausted just looking at the word: exhaustion. Wait -- I was exhausted before, but then I got even more exhausted thinking about it. Did you hear that? Even thinking about exhaustion is exhausting.

Outside. Yes, outside. This is outside: allergies and exhaustion. Should I walk one more block? Too exhausting. I’ll turn around. Even the view, nothing seems pretty about the view today, my eyes hurt. It’s tiring to look that far, my vision is blurry, do I need new contacts, I already got new contacts, they hurt my eyes. There’s that annoying person who I used to think was hot until he started scowling at me, I’m not even going to look in his direction, just to show him how much I don’t care, or maybe I’ll look at him at the very last moment, oh there he is staring at me, or maybe he’s staring at my hat. I hate walks like this that just make me feel worse, and then I get back to my apartment for more exhaustion. Why is it sunny again? It hurts my eyes. Just thinking about it is exhausting. I already told you that. You’re still thinking about it. So am I. I’m sick of thinking about it. I can’t think about anything else right now. It just makes me exhausted.

2 comments:

Campbell said...

Just typing this comment is exhausting...just teasing. :-) Seriously though, exhausting is a strange word.

Sorry you're feeling so run down today. I'm sure the walk was good for you even if you didn't enjoy it.

Maybe take a nap? Although I always wake up from naps extremely cranky.

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Yes, naps can be a disaster -- I'm going to try another shower, before my 8 pm film screening, oh my...

Love --
mattilda