Monday, October 18, 2010

My film is playing this Thursday in San Francisco at the ATA Film and Video Festival!

Here are the details:

ATA Film & Video Festival
“Human Nature” Screening
Thursday, October 21, 8pm, $7 - $10
Artist Television Access
992 Valencia St
San Francisco, CA 94110

Tickets here

All That Sheltering Emptiness, a film by Gina Carducci & Mattilda Bernstein Sycamore, is a meditation on elevators, hotel lobbies, hundred dollar bills, the bathroom, a cab, chandeliers, cocktails, the receptionist, arousal, and other routines in the life of a New York City callboy. Gorgeously hand-processed in full 16mm glory, All That Sheltering Emptiness explodes the typical narratives of desire, escape and intimacy to evoke something more honest. (16mm, color, optical sound, 7 min.)

Wait -- did I mention that I'll be in attendance, just before leaving San Francisco? I'll be there!!!

3 comments:

chamblee54 said...

Is the opposite of consent pro-scent?

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Well, if you're talking about fabric softener, perfume, diesel fumes -- then yes yes I would say yes!

Love --
mattilda

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

By the way, for anyone confused about this exchange, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the film -- and, did I mention that I'll be at the screening -- let me add that now!

Love --
mattilda