Sunday, December 26, 2010

A lostmissing poem from Erin! (And, it may soon become a country song, Erin tells me...)

Missing Miss Molly 30 years of age
sweet mountain girl a big heart a rage.
Started out a hippy now a blond Betty Page.

You broke away from me.
But how can this be?
I set myself free?

We had plans of future business,
making food and domestic stuff.
I guess in the end we called each others bluff.

Last I saw you in the desert with your dolphin RV
how could we know that it wasn't meant to be.
The name Whilamina tagged on the back
you told me what I was doing is totally wack.
I felt no love you didn't help me pack.

So I left you that day walking heavy hearted towards my fate
the tears you wished for me came a day to late.
You were worried those drops would never fall from my eyes
they fell like the rains from all of the skies.

So I ran all the way across that dusty town,
never looked back at your beautiful crown.
I tried to forget you my missing friend
Will you haunt me forever?
-On you I depend.


Lostmissing is a public art project -- I’d love it if you’d participate.

(I met Erin at the Meow Wolf gallery show where lostmissing is currently displayed at Eggman & Walrus, through January 10)

No comments: