Sunday, January 16, 2011

In a circle

Wow, I’ve gotten so much more tired over the last few days, and unfortunately it probably relates to going out dancing. Now I’m so exhausted, I don’t feel like doing anything. Except that that sounds exhausting too.

I wake up with the worst sinus headache since I’ve been here -- what is that from? Maybe the soot from everyone’s fireplaces, getting stuck in my apartment. Or maybe the humidifier -- the plastic it’s made of, mixing with the water in the air. Or maybe there’s a new allergen in the air -- I did look that up, what could it be in the middle of winter? Now I can’t remember, but I did notice that the pollen count was a little higher.

The snow has melted in the Railyard, so you can see all the textures right at the surface, geometry of cement and dirt and stone and fake boulders and that foam stuff on the ground in new playgrounds, this is my playground, I walk in a circle. And then the other park, where I also walk in a circle through the grass, looking at the architecture and trees and sky, that’s the park that’s just one block from my house, less than a block actually, and then the Railyard is just around the corner -- I did choose the perfect location, although not the perfect location for typing, I mean using this voice activation software, staring at the computer, because in the corner my sinuses dry out, time to chop vegetables for more beans.

But there was something I wanted to tell you about walking, and the light, and the sky, and when I feel this awful, but now I just feel this awful.

4 comments:

Mano said...

bummer sweety, lets beleave it's not the dancing

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

I know -- hard to say for sure, but I am worried -- could relate to going to bed way later, interrupting my sleep schedule -- I wonder if there's nightclub dancing in the middle of the day, oh the things we wish for...

But I will try again, and pay close attention to see if a similar pattern emerges, the glamour of it all...

Love --
mattilda

Mano said...

Some are saying the Juniper is out right now, it can make one feel very sleepy!
Maybe we should start a day time dance club, drop in on your lunch break, but with veggie juices instead of alcohol.
hmm, we may just have a winner idea there!

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Perhaps the juniper, perhaps the story of my life -- always so hard to say...

And yes, maybe dancing from lunch to sunset, with a brown rice bar and a steam table...

Love --
mattilda