Sunday, January 30, 2011

Snarling

Every night, before I go to bed, I say tomorrow, I’ll feel better. And I do mean better, as in not sick anymore, or almost not sick, but then every new day arrives and still -- well, I guess there’s tomorrow. At least today I manage to take a relatively long walk, I mean not long exactly but longer than my recent walks, a block or two and then back. This is a beautiful place where I live, that’s what I realize, so that means it’s a nice walk. Not like when I’m walking down some beautiful alley-type wilderness place in the back of people’s houses, like the one across the street and it’s so idyllic until all of a sudden some dog starts barking, and then every dog on the block is barking, some of them throwing themselves against the fences, or trying to slide underneath, sometimes peering out between broken parts of one fence or another, snarling. That’s when I really don’t like dogs, although I dislike the people who keep them that way more. Especially the dogs that snarl like that every time you walk by, even if you walk by several times a day and I’ve started to yell at them sometimes because they’re so annoying, why can’t they just relax, although I doubt I’d feel particularly relaxed if I was locked up in some small yard, I guess most dogs are much more easily satisfied than I am, that’s for sure.

No comments: