Friday, February 18, 2011

Rain check

What an exhausting day, I mean night, which led to day, today, I’m exhausted. At least I got my hair cut, that was fun. Now I’m just sitting here trying not to cruise online because that’s what got me wired last night, wired and then of course that led nowhere. Sex life in Santa Fe -- an oxymoron? That’s what I wrote to someone on the cruise site, we met for a moment at Santa Fe’s one gay bar that doesn’t call itself a gay bar. Besides the one at the gay retirement community, I guess that one does. Or, I’m assuming.

Turns out this guy sent me an email at more or less the same moment, replying to my craigslist post, cock picture only, that type, saying he wanted to get together right away. So then I wrote to him on the cruise site -- hey, that’s me! But a friend had called him, he was on the way to Whole Foods, which is actually right down the street from me so I tried to get him to stop by on the way, right? He said how about a rain check -- I’ll take a rain check, although it doesn’t rain very often here.

But anyway I was horny in a manic way for the first time in a while, to be honest I think it had something to do with the air purifier, it arrived and after I turned it on for an hour or so I started to get a clarity in my head, extra energy, but then I stayed online past my 9 pm deadline, now at least I realize that deadline is important, prevents me from getting too wired, I mean I didn’t stay online that much later, almost until 10 pm, but then I was a mess. Especially my body, pain and tension, but then my head, and I decided to go on a short walk to see if that helped, fireplace air clouding my head again and up ahead was one of those barking dogs, except then I noticed wait, that dog isn’t behind a fence, just up ahead in the dark barking at me, so I started yelling STOP BARKING, STOP FUCKING BARKING. I was kind of worried it was going to bite me, but also annoyed and to tell you the truth I don’t know how to deal with dogs really, because then I turned around and it was following me so I turned and yelled STOP FOLLOWING ME, but then I realized maybe it’s lost, maybe it just wants help, I heard someone calling out softly so maybe that was the dog’s owner but still I suddenly felt so sad, so sad that I couldn’t turn around.

2 comments:

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Yes, there is only one gay bar in Santa Fe, and it doesn't call itself a gay bar. And, actually, this bar just opened over the summer...

Although, way on the outskirts of Santa Fe, in the gay retirement home, there is a bar, which presumably calls itself gay, since it's in the gay retirement home, right? Who knows...

And, thank you about the end.

Love love love --
mattilda

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Wait, Nick, what happened? Somehow your comment was deleted, but my answer remains -- of course, feel free to post your comment again, and then people can read it backwards -- just kidding, I think people will still understand, I mean if people ever understand...

Love --
mattilda