Thursday, March 10, 2011

Better, worse

Okay, I’m ready for my morning walk, but I’m trying not to go out yet, because in a little over an hour I need to leave to walk to the doctor’s office, and I don’t want to get too tired beforehand. I found this doctor in the phonebook, integrated medical health in the title of the office and walk a distance so I figured out I might as well check it out, right? Walked over and looked at the office but they were closed, but definitely walking distance, and that’s important in Santa Fe, for sure. Also I noticed that they have a water dispenser, so that means I don’t have to carry water, just food in small containers in the pockets of my coat I guess, that should work. I don’t know what I’ll do when the weather is warmer, maybe I’ll have to wear a fanny pack on special appointment occasions like this.

Anyway, the main reason I’m going to the doctor is to get a physical so that I can apply for local health insurance, and also I want to see it she’ll prescribe this medication for parasites, since every time I try a new herb I end up getting too sensitive for it, this antibiotic is supposed to be great for people with hypersensitivities -- what’s it called? Alania. Wait -- that sounds like some beautiful lost country, icicles hanging from tree branches, glinting in the sun like diamonds. Actually I guess it’s Alinia -- I just looked it up, mostly it looks like it’s used for treating cryptosporidium and that’s not what I have, okay now I just read more about blastosis hominis and entamoeba histolytica, the parasites I have, but I can’t really find anything useful about how to treat them -- now I’m exhausted, ready to get back in bed but first I have to get ready to go to this doctor, that’s right this doctor, will this doctor have any new ideas? Our appointment only lasts an hour, which doesn’t sound like much, but now I’m just thinking about the possibilities of taking some horrible antibiotic that makes me sick, and then finding out that it doesn’t even help me. Or, maybe some antibiotic that doesn’t make me sick, but doesn’t make me better. Maybe I should go back to the herbs, it sort of felt like they were making me better, maybe a little bit, right? And then worse. Better, worse, better, worse. Okay, time to get ready.

No comments: